Russell M. Nelson, the 17th president and prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, spoke of the need to “survive spiritually” in this world with the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost. You can watch the full talk below:
Here are the main steps President Nelson counseled each of us to take to better receive personal revelation from God for ourselves.
- Find a quiet place where you can regularly go
- Humble yourself before God.
- Pour out your heart to your Heavenly Father.
- Turn to Him for answers and for comfort.
- Pray in the name of Jesus Christ about your concerns, your fears, your weaknesses–yes, the very longings of your heart.
And then listen.
- Write the thoughts that come to your mind. Record your feelings and follow through with actions that you are prompted to take.
- As you repeat this process day after day, month after month, year after year, you will “grow into the principle of revelation.”
Are you already doing some of these steps? Have you had an experience when you felt God was speaking to your mind and heart? Share it with us in the comment section below.
Have more questions on how to communicate with Heavenly Father and receive your own personal revelation from Him? Feel free to contact us.